ENTRY RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
ENTRY RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- An individual may enter only once (if you are nominating an individual, you may only nominate them once).
- An individual must provide three referees, including a referee from a NRM/CMA or industry body.
- Acceptance of an entry into the Bob Hawke Landcare Award is at the sole discretion of Landcare Australia Limited (LA) to the extent that LA can refuse to accept or reject any entry without providing a reason.
- LA accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received by the final date.
- Entries must be electronic, submitted using the online entry form at bobhawkelandcareaward.com.au. Postal, fax or email entries will not be accepted.
- Applicants/nominees can enter only once.
- The Bob Hawke Landcare Award prize package is worth $50,000. The recipient will be given an opportunity to further develop and champion their knowledge and skills in sustainable land management and Landcare.
- The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The submissions for the three finalists will be retained by LA, all other entries accepted into the award nomination process may be destroyed. All entrants to the awards program grants LA permission to show their entry at the 2021 National Landcare Awards gala dinner, in media and communications managed by landcare Australia, and at such other places and at times as deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of LAL. No entry will be returned to the entrant.
- If an entrant becomes a finalist, they must make themselves available at their place of home/work to be filmed about their award nomination for a video that will be shown at the 2021 National Landcare Awards gala dinner and for media and communications purposes.
- Award nominees must permit LA or their agents to publish sufficient information about the award entry so that the general public can understand it. This information may be used for media and promotional purposes for the award program.
- Current LA employees or their immediate family members are not eligible to enter. Former employees may enter but may not submit entries based on their work at LA.
- The submission of all relevant information to the judges is the responsibility of the nominator/entrant however judges may seek further information or clarification if necessary.
- If you were to be selected as the recipient of the Bob Hawke Landcare Award, please include in your nomination in 300 words or less, how you would use the $50,000 prize money to champion Landcare and share knowledge about sustainable agriculture practices with others including landholders, farmers and communities.
Information contained in the submission will be used as follows:
- LA and the judges will use information disclosed in submissions and entries for evaluating the entry.
- Information contained in submissions and entries may be used by LA or its agents in preparing media and communications information for promotional purposes including publications, media relations, social media and presentations. The information provided with the awards submission, may be edited for media and communication’s purposes.
- No guarantee of confidentiality can be provided, however if there is information associated with an entrant’s submission that the entrant/nominee wishes to remain confidential, the entrant/nominee should first contact LA.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
IT IS A CONDITION OF ENTRY THAT YOU HAVE READ AND ACCEPTED ALL ENTRY RULES AND CONDITIONS.
- I confirm that the information in this entry/nomination is true and correct to the best of my knowledge as at the date the entry was submitted.
- I agree to all the entry rules and conditions defined above.
- I agree that except for information clearly labelled as confidential, all information contained in the entry form may be used by Landcare Australia Limited or its agents in preparing press and marketing materials to promote the 2020 Bob Hawke Landcare Award and other times to promote Landcare.
- LA reserves the right to declare an entry ineligible if by reasonable opinion, the award entrant is unable to represent or promote the Bob Hawke Landcare Award in a satisfactory manner; or if the entry does not meet the criteria.
- The decision made by the Bob Hawke Landcare Award Advisory Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- LA accepts no responsibility for entry submissions not received by the closing date.
To be eligible for the award, nominees must:
- be an individual
- not be a group or organisation
- be an Australian citizen
- be actively involved in Landcare or sustainable agriculture
- have demonstrated leadership and a commitment to natural resource management and sustainable agriculture.